WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I hope you enjoy your visit
HUGS AND LOVE
Jessie James

Sunday 20 July 2008

I'VE BEEN TAGGED

Well my friend Denise at Bless This Mess has tagged me and I have to answer five questions and then tag five people who must answer then.

OK so


Ten years ago I was living in Benoni and working for the Insurance Institute of South Africa as a research and development officer. I helped with putting together exam papers, writing text books, representing IISA at the NQF forum where we were developing standards and also facilitating training for insurance people. I loved it and left when we went to the UK for a while.

Today's to do list isn't too bad as it is Sunday but

  • I have to go to the SPCA this morning as we have vets in who are doing 75 spays/neutering for us for people who can't afford to pay. The Vets are from Germany, & Cape Town with nursing assistants from Canada and SA.

  • Make Butternut soup for them to have for lunch with roles. No meat they are all vegetarian

  • have meting to discuss staff salaries at SPCA as we need to finalise pay rise and get it approved before the end of this week

  • I have to go pick up banners for a show house I am sitting at this afternoon

  • sit show at house from 2 til 4 and try and get leads for my own business of Express Agent doing home loans

My favourite snacks are savoury and are a bit restricted as I am diabetic and need to try and eat LOW GL foods - not very good at this afraid. One of my favourites though is pita bread sprinkled with oil and seasoning - garlic and sun dried tomato is favourite. Then toast in oven and eat with a bean paste made from olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and chick peas or butter beans. All blitzed up and a sprinkle of coriander leaves. Great

If I was a millionaire I would get husband back living at home - he lives in Abu Dhabi because of work and I would do all the things I want to do but can't because of money. I would go full time at SPCA and travel to Italy and Greece and Canada and OZ and all those places - on and Russia which I would love to visit.

Places I have lived are Benoni in SA, Pietermaritzburg in SA, Linlithgow, Scotland and Bo-Ness in Scotland. Born at a little place called Gateside about 11 miles from Edinburgh and 4 miles from Linlithgow. Also lived in Portchester, Fareham (down near Portsmouth) also in Scunthorpe where my husband is from. Have moved about 35 times so quite mobile.

Now who can I tag let me think. Will have to add to to do list as I need to shower and get to the SPCA as a matter of some urgency even though only 7 o'clock on Sunday morning.

Watch this space to see if you get tagged

The painting by the way is from a web site called Heron Dance and you should visit it as you can purchase the paintings etc. http://www.herondance.org/index.aspx?SID=1& I hope he doesn't mind me showing it to you as the stuff is stunning.

Hugs

Jessie

5 comments:

styleinfluence.NET said...

There are several things you can do to get the best possible loans but he first thing is to make sure you know your options. Thanks for the info!

Chriss Rollins said...

Hi Jessie see you have been busy as usual and an early bird too when do you sleep you i think are woese than me hahahaha.
interestin tag.
hope you are well.
love chriss x

Chriss Rollins said...

good morning Jessie just wanted to stop by and wish you a good day.
chriss x

Denise said...

Oh dear you busy lass! It looks as though our tea date will have to be next week!
Hugs
Denise
oxoxox

Carol Ann said...

Busy you. I'm from Edinburgh so Hiya! the property market is not doing well here at the mo because of the so called credit crunch (where I work we buy and sell property in and around Edinburgh) I have connections with SA but much further back in my family tree. We have had a horrible summer here lots of rain:) typical Scottish summer! Take care. Carolx