WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I hope you enjoy your visit
HUGS AND LOVE
Jessie James

Friday 28 September 2007

En Vacance


I love France and wish I could live there. I love the French way of life and the way everything revolves around family. My husbands father's family live there and in fact my husbands grandmother was a French woman who married an Englishman during the 1st world war.


My father in law escaped from France and through Spain during the Nazi occupation of France. He ended up in a prison in Spain from which he eventually got away. The funny thing is that once him and my mother-in-law went to Spain on holiday and his wallet was stolen. Guess where he had to report the loss? That's right the prison is now a police station.
Anyway he met an English woman and reversed the whole process as he went to live in England. There goes a brief history of a fascinating story.
Anyway these were taken the year we went for two weeks to a Gite near St Omer. Unfortunately my Mom died while we were away - we were expecting it and I had said Goodbye on the day we left. She was in a comma from which she never awoke.
I learnt the point is be there while they are alive and need you not when they have died. A funeral is just for the living not the one who has died. In many cases the people that go never visited the person for years, but they were good they showed up at the funeral.




1 comment:

Denise said...

How fascinating!! I do hope you have written the full story for your grandchildren?!?!?!