WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I hope you enjoy your visit
HUGS AND LOVE
Jessie James

Tuesday 25 September 2007

Tuesday Blues


Well it's normally Monday blues but with having a long weekend it really feels yuck to be thinking about working and the like.


Hope like a load of South Africans (last count we got was 77523 people) you had a braai or barbecue yesterday to celebrate Heritage Day. (check this website http://www.braaiday.co.za/)


We went to one with the family and it was so nice to sit in the sunshine and enjoy fabulous weather. It was so funny though as everyone was just praying for rain as being on the Highveld we have not seen rain for months. Everything is dry and in need of water. In fact tired of the dogs going out and rolling in the grass and dust and bringing so much dirt and dry lawn in. Shouldn't complain though as we are blessed with so many things and you can always sweep up the grass husks and dust.

Here is a page showing my grandmother, aunt and other friends and family. This brings up one of my favourite subjects. Journalling. I inherited loads of photos when my mom died and because no one had ever written names times etc on the photos or the like, I have lost so much detail. SO when you do that page put journalling on it so that your descendants can know their antecedents. It also is a historical record of what life was like. Look at the little bow tie and outfit of my cousin. Can you imagine a modern day child dressed like that?

After all that is what scrapbooking is about.

Have a great day and think about journalling.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing part of your life and thoughts with us!! I agree about the journaling. I also have some really old photos and not a clue as to who they are. Some I have been fortunate as my Mom remembers them and where they fit in, in the family tree (which I'm working on, on and off)